Sunday, January 27, 2013

Helping Hands Doula





Hi, my name is Kjirsten (the "j" is silent) and I am 28 year old doula, serving mothers in the Kansas City area. I have been married to my best friend since 2007 and we have two amazing children, a boy and a girl. Each of my births were a unique and a special experience, where I felt empowered and supported by my birth team. 

I love bellies and babies and I am passionate about seeing pregnant mothers feel empowered, heard, supported and encouraged during pregnancy, labor and post partum.  Currently, I am working on completing my certification as a CAPPA labor doula and CAPPA childbirth educator. My goal is to have my certification complete by early fall. 

Personally, I believe every woman is naturally equipped and capable to labor and deliver naturally whether at home or in a hospital and whether by a doctor or a midwife.  I also believe there is much a woman can do to work with her body throughout the pregnancy and labor to prepare her body for the job of birthing.

I believe a Doula can be an essential part of the birth team for a laboring mother
 and her partner by providing emotional and physical support on their birthing journey. My desire is for every mother to remember the day of her child's birth as special memory without pain or fear. My personal approach is very peaceful, verbal with encouragement and suggestions and hands-on, always engaging the partner in their role during the entire process.  

My doula fee is discounted as I complete my CAPPA certification and if you are looking for a doula, I would love to hear from you. 

My contact information is: 

kansascitydoula@gmail.com
816-812-6084



No comments:

Post a Comment